Svetlana Guggenheim is a highly experienced simultaneous and consecutive interpreter, translator and cross-cultural trainer with more than 20 years of experience. She has worked extensively throughout the United States, Russia, Armenia and other republics of the Newly Independent States (NIS) with government officials, scientists, economists, businesspeople, and a broad range of delegations since 1989.
Clients and Program Participants
Ms. Guggenheim has provided simultaneous & consecutive interpretation and written translation services for a wide range of clients and program participants, including:
Experience and Qualifications
- Provided simultaneous and consecutive interpretation for professional conferences, speakers, and movie and television productions. Extensive experience with state-of-the-art interpretation equipment, including wireless systems and soundproof booths.
- Assisted American firms doing business in Russia and provided interpretation and translation for visiting delegations of Russian, Ukrainian, and other scientists and representatives from the Newly Independent States (NIS) sponsored by USAID, USTDA and other government and nongovernment agencies and organizations. Assisted visiting consultants and business persons visiting the U.S. to understand local practices and to successfully communicate with their American counterparts. Provided services for American delegations traveling throughout the NIS, including interpretation, translation and coordination of meetings and travel.
- Interpreted and translated a wide range of technical material, including energy and power issues, environmental, finance & business management, medical/health care, mathematical, educational, linguistic, and cultural information in a variety of settings, including the Office of the Vice President of the United States, World Bank, Securities and Exchange Commission, NASDAQ, AMEX, USAID, District Court of Maryland, nuclear power plants, offshore oil drilling platforms, operating rooms, etc.
- Provided numerous written translations of highly technical material, ranging from environmental treaties to economic/privatization issues
- Experienced with modern computer hardware and software.
- Extensive liaison and intercultural communication experience